Thursday, January 24, 2008

LISBON'S DIETS # 1

(Click to enlarge/ Carregue na imagem para a aumentar)
Dear Friends, I am about to ring my Lisbon's friend and doctor [Agnelo Martins], for an appointment. He helped me back in 2005 regaining new food habits. I was growing so much I started to look like a WHALE (whales are nice, but they have oceans to swim in, while I'm confined to four walls with a view over Lisbon and Sintra)... I was so HAPPY with the results!!! A new person, more self-confident and, of course, less HUGE (I was regularly playing tennis then, and hydro-gimnastics, so I was becoming a SUMO player). I stopped, though. Therefore, almost three years have passed and now I don't have any more clothes to wear that fit me!! AAAARRRGGHH!!!! So I'll call him today or tomorrow... The only problem with the diet I will restart is that one is not allowed to eat bread, pasta, rice, potatoes, stuff with sugar or salt and... CHOCOLATES!!!! AAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!! The best part is that the doctor is really COOL and lends us CDs in each appointment!!! YES!!!...
The picture depicts one of his recipes («Green Soup»), with no potato or ingredients that will turn into sugar inside your body. Here it goes, in English Language:
  • 400 g of turnip (cut into cubes and with no skin)
  • 1 piece of garlic (with no skin)
  • 300 g of minced cabbage
  • 1,5 l of water
  • marine salt q.b. (if necessary)

Boil the turnips with the garlic and the salt and then turn it into a purée. Add the minced cabbage and let it cook in an uncouvered pan. When it is time to eat it, pour the soup on a plate and drop a bit of olive oil. Bon appétit!!!

7 comments:

Bigouden Atao said...

Thanks for the lin !
Very interesting and colorfull blog ...

Raquel Sabino Pereira said...

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Parabens por essa força de vontade.
Pra frente com a sopa e se tiver dificuldade em arranjar os ingredientes, derreta o Nabo do A. Patrocinio Alencastre.
Quanto aos chocolates,procure que há sem açucar e até matam o vicio.
Major Piloto Aviador

Raquel Sabino Pereira said...

Obrigada Senhor Major Piloto Aviador. O problema do chocolate sem açúcar é que tem farináceos, por isso mantém-se a questão...

Anonymous said...

24 JAN 2008 ÀS 1045 UTC GENUÍNO MADRUGA DOBRA O CABO HORN EM SOLITÁRIO NO SENTIDO ESTE OESTE A BORDO DO SEU VELEIRO "HEMINGWAY"

VIVA O GRANDE NAVEGADOR GENUÍNO!
VIVA ! VIVA ! VIVA !

pereira de oliveira said...

desculpe-me Sailor Girl, e a seguir onde ee que se pode ir comer?
I am all for this kind of thing. But, may I ask where can we got and eat afterwards, please.

Gordon said...

Just caught up with your blog again; thanks for your best wishes for my ride today.

I hope you can get on top of the weight problem again; you're obviously taking the first step. Best wishes. I probably should look more carefully at my diet too.