Tuesday, October 21, 2008

THAT'S MY WORLD TUESDAY # 01

WELCOME TO MY WORLD!!!!
A WORLD WHERE MEMORY HAS NOT BEEN SCRAPPED, WHERE SHIPS ARE CHERISED AND STILL SAILING!
Photo posted yesterday at [SHIPS & THE SEA], with a dedication to ATLÂNTICO AZUL. Click on the image to better view it. It has a very interesting view over Lisbon on 4 July 1952, with four passenger liners of Companhia Colonial de Navegação in port: «PÁTRIA», «VERA CRUZ», «MOUZINHO» and, inside the dock, the beautiful «SERPA PINTO» ex «EBRO» of Royal Mail Line.
Today's post is my contribution to «[THAT'S MY WORLD TUESDAY]», a new Meme for everyone who has a photoblog! With it we may become virtual tourist guides, showing everyone our part of the world. Quoting the Team that created this Meme, «the world has become so small these days, and yet we know so little about each other. So why not change that? Because My World Tuesday is not about our differences, but about what all of us have in common. And we're sure that is way more, than that, what makes us different». Isn't this great??? «That's my World» is hosted by Klaus, Ivar, Wren, Fishing Guy & Tom !!!
And so I tell you... WELCOME TO MY WORLD! A WORLD WHERE WE LOVE SHIPS AND THE SEA, WHERE WE BATTLE FOR TRUTH, FOR JUSTICE, FOR EQUAL RIGHTS AND BETTER CONDITIONS FOR EVERYBODY!!! Unfortunatelly, this World of Mine is still on my mind.

17 comments:

Flying Solo said...

I love your last paragraph!
that's my world too.

Flying Solo said...

And the labels too!

Small City Scenes said...

It is on our minds too. My world too!! We try. MB

Webradio said...

Nice text Sailor girl.
And the photo in B & W is beautiful...

marcia@joyismygoal said...

that is so different from my world but I feel that way whaen i visit port cities the water seems to be part of one's soul

Anonymous said...

Great contribution! Love it - and your words are so true!
Cheers, Klaus

Anonymous said...

Love the shot of old Lisbon, such a beautiful city I visited last month. I actually went to Cascais, but had some time in Lisbon as well.
Loved your final sentence, muito bonita.
Greetings from sunny Spain!

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

SG: Welcome to My World and I wish to see more of Lisbon today through your camera. Thanks for joing in to the meme.

Louise said...

A nice piece of history!

Arija said...

I love long sea voyagess, beautiful old photo with the four ships. so much nicer to be on them than the grand 'big city' ships like the Queen Mary etc.
I share your concern for the world.

Jane Hards Photography said...

I love your world, and the world in your mind. We had a tall ship in the harbour this week, you would have loved it.

Rural Writer said...

Beautiful pictures, and it looks like such a lovely place. I love your enthusiasm for your world!
best wishes!

Lilli & Nevada said...

That is really a beautiful photo and especially the B&W, love this going around the world series

Anonymous said...

My World is on my mind too. Good your World.
Belo seu mundo. O que mantemos na memória, existirá sempre.

Dina said...

Oh, such huge ships.
Love what you said at the beginning and at the end. Keep up your hope! Shalom to Lisbon.

Anonymous said...

memories indeed are a world in itself !!!

Oman said...

Thanks for the wonderful trip around your place. So very much different from my place but I do wanna share my place also to you. Great job.