Monday, January 12, 2009

To all suffering from Depression: keep running up that hill

(Photo taken by Sailor Girl on April 18, 2003, on a walk from Cais-do-Sodré do Cascais to clear the head)
«It doesn't hurt me... Do you want to feel how it feels? Do you want to know, know that it doesn't hurt me? Do you want to hear about the deal I'm making you? It's you and me. And if I only could I'd make a deal with God, and I'd get Him to swap our places. Be running up that road, be running up that hill, be running up that building. Say if I only could oh...
You don't want to hurt me, but see how deep the bullet lies unaware! I'm tearing you asunder Oh there is thunder in our hearts, is there so much hate for the ones we love? Tell me we both matter, don't we? You, it's you and me! It's you and me, you won't be unhappy! And if I only could, I'd make a deal with God and I'd get Him to swap our places. Be running up that road, be running up that hill, be running up that building, If I only could... You, it's you and me! It's you and me, you won't be unhappy! Come on baby, come on darling, let me steal this moment from you now! Come on angel, come on, come on darling, let's exchange the experience, oh... And if I only could, I'd make a deal with God, and I'd get Him to swap our places. Be running up that road, be running up that hill with no problems... And if I only could, be running up that hill...With no problems
«Running up that hill», by Kate Bush

8 comments:

Raquel Sabino Pereira said...

The lyrics are part of today's first music now playing at Radio Atlântico Azul. I was looking for another version (un-remixed), but this one was the only one I found at imeem.com (the site from where I build my playlists).

I dedicate it to all people suffering from «depression», so that they don't forget to «keep running up that hill».

Clube Europeu ESJAL said...

Oh Dear! You walked all that distance? You brave girl!!!

Raquel Sabino Pereira said...

LOL, SWT! But I have walked even more, from Cidade Universitária (University City - LOL) to Cascais, with a detour through the Castle of Saint George and all and back to Cascais! LOL!

One of these walks was with two of my students back then, at Law School (one of them quit at Cais-do-Sodré). I had to walk, it was the day a special relative of mine deceased and his driver didn't allow me to see him at the hospital some minutes before he passed away. It was brutal. I gave a lesson at School that day and then... STARTED WALKING. I will never forget this day.

Raquel Sabino Pereira said...

SWT, did you watch Forrest Gump? It was similar to some scenes.

Raquel Sabino Pereira said...

Please remember me to write about this. I'll call it «The Driver», it will be inspired by John Grisham's extense bibliography!...

Clube Europeu ESJAL said...

I still believe it was too much! You could have ended up severely ill. But I also understand that when you go through situations when your limits are involved, stress can make you act like that!!!
Sorry to learn all that,though...

Small City Scenes said...

I don't want to hurt anybody. If walking, walking, walking helps---the keep it up. MB

Koluki said...

I'm not good at running up hills
;-)
But I used to run the distance between Belem and Ponte 25 de Abril and back. And very often also walked from Belem to Cascais... but wouldn't usually walk back all the distance.
That's good advice though.
Cheers!