Monday, January 4, 2010

«ISTO» * «THIS»

(Photo by Sailor Girl)
«They say I pretend or lie in all my writings. Not at all. It simply is that I feel by imagining. I don't use the heart-string. All that I dream or lose, that falls short or dies on me, is like a terrace on another thing beyond. That is the beautiful thing. And so I write in the middle of things not nearby, free from my own muddle, realizing what is not. To feel? Let the reader feel!»
«This», by Fernando Pessoa. Translation by Sailor Girl. Amendment suggestions kindly accepted...
* * * * *
«Dizem que finjo ou minto tudo que escrevo. Não. Eu simplesmente sinto com a imaginação. Não uso o coração. Tudo o que sonho ou passo, o que me falha ou finda, é como que um terraço sobre outra coisa ainda. Essa coisa é que é linda. Por isso escrevo em meio do que não está ao pé, livre do meu enleio, sério do que não é. Sentir? Sinta quem lê!»
«Isto», por Fernando Pessoa

3 comments:

Dina said...

I FEEL glad to be a follower of your blog!

LUIS MIGUEL CORREIA said...

Às vezes a sensibililidade do Fernando Pessoa confunde-se com a da nossa Sailor Girl...

Nishant said...

blog is very beautiful

Work from home India